Do you have ideas on how to take bowls in Wales forward
Why not join the Welsh Bowls Federation's Development Committee........
Potential Personal Development Opportunity
The Welsh Bowls Federation are looking for enthusiastic and committed people to sit as part of the development group and help shape the Development Plan for Welsh Bowls.
Do you have ideas on how to take bowls in Wales forward? Are you innovative? Are you able to enthuse others and plan effectively and efficiently with limited resources?
This is an opportunity to shape bowls in Wales, which is voluntary driven but has a real desire and passion to reach its Vision and mission of:
Vision: Bowls a lifetime sport for all
Mission: An inclusive sport that enables everyone to start, stay and succeed in Bowls.
The Welsh Bowls Federation is in the process of creating a Development Panel that will support Grass roots and participation of Bowls in Wales:
The objectives are as follows:
- Set the vision, mission and objectives for the development of bowls in Wales
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor the Development Plan
- Set the values and behaviours in line with the WBF Committee that are to be associated with the WBDG (Welsh Bowls Development Group) and its activities
- Oversee and monitor the delivery of the WBDP by the accountable person
- Consider and approve where appropriate variations to the WBDP
- Measure progress of the WBDP against agreed KPI’s
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of reports and returns to the WBF Pilot Committee by the accountable person
- Review the WBDP annually and approve the operational plan contained therein for the forthcoming year.
- Agree and monitor the Annual Budget with the designated officer and WBF Treasurer
- Prepare a Risk Register relating to performance within the WBDG and ensure that these risks are effectively managed
- Ensure that principles of good governance and management are applied to the business of the WBDP as stated in the
- Provide quarterly progress reports to the WBF Pilot Committee
This is a voluntary role, and meetings are likely to take place during evening and weekends.
If you are interested please send a short expression of interest detailing your experience to Hazel Wilson at email@example.com BY 8th May 2016